puffers & vics

HOME    PUFFERS    VICS     BUILDERS     OWNERS     ENGINES    HISTORY    VIDEOS      CLYDEMARITIME     ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

Warlight (2)

 

Builder Pollock Faversham
Official Nr. 163299
Yard Nr ?
Launched 1931
Delivered ?
Length 96.6 ft
Beam 22.10 ft
Gross 199 tons
Deadweight 245 tons
Engine Diesel

Built originally as "Goldeve" for EJ&W Goldsmith of Grays, Essex and fitted with 2 Bolinder  hot bulb engines. On the death of her then master, Walter Charles Burt, in 1942 she is on record as still belonging to them, but was later sold on to Sully Bros of Bridgewater and renamed "Leaspray".

In 1949 she was re-engined with a 3 cyl Crossley of 225bhp. In 1966 she was bought by Ross & Marshall. and again renamed, this time as "Warlight".  Sold on again in 1972 to the civil engineering company Taylor Woodrow and broken up in 1976. 

Photograph courtesy of the Roy Cressey Collection