1947 – renamed “Glenaray” under the ownership of Hamilton & McPhail of Glasgow until being scrapped in 1964
In 1956 Glenaray laid the Scottish inshore end of the first ever transatlantic cable to carry voice transmissions. Owned by the UK's GPO and known as TAT-1, it also provided the trans-Atlantic link for the famous cold-war "hot line" between the White House and the Kremlin. The cable ran from Clarenville, Newfoundland, to terminate at Gallannach Bay in the Sound of Kerrera just south of Oban. The ocean cable ship HMTS Monarch had laid the ocean length but was too large to work inshore.
The photograph below is of her as "Glenaray" and is tagged "Arriving at Rothesay" but is undated.