puffers & vics

HOME    PUFFERS    VICS     BUILDERS     OWNERS     ENGINES    HISTORY    VIDEOS      CLYDEMARITIME     ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS 

Stormlight (2) 

 

Builder Ferguson Port Glasgow
Official Nr 163034
Yard Nr
Launched 1933
Delivered
Length c66 ft
Beam c18 ft
Gross 99 tons
Deadweight
Engine 2 Cyl Steam Compound

Built for Ross & Marshall  and sold to Tyne-side owners in 1952. Scrapped in 1959 nothing further has as yet been found on record for her. 

The photograph below shows her on the Clyde in Glasgow, heading downriver abeam the Broomielaw and with the cupola of the Clyde Navigation Trust headquarters in Robertson Street in the background.  Her mast has been lowered to allow her to pass under the city-centre bridges on her way from Custom House Quay.

The photograph below is from the Dan McDonald collection courtesy of the Ballast Trust and is reproduced under a Creative Commons license