Built for Gavin Hamilton of Queen Margaret Drive, Glasgow, in whose ownership she remained until into the 1940s. In 1952 she was then purchased by F.Dewar of Rothesay, Bute and renamed "Lady Bute". Her last owner was Alexander MacNeil of Greenock before she was broken up at Troon in 1960. She was known as one of the fastest of her kind. The photograph on the left is of her at her home port at the old pier Brodick.
She is pictured below right in 1952 at Greenock as the "Lady Bute" with the two-funnelled and yet to be converted to oil-burning Queen Mary II in the background.