puffers & vics

 

HOME    PUFFERS    VICS     BUILDERS     OWNERS     ENGINES    HISTORY    VIDEOS      CLYDEMARITIME     ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

 

Number 7

 

Builder Thos Adams, Grangemouth
Yard Nr  
Launched 1866
Delivered  
Length 65.7 ft
Beam 16.6 ft
Gross 60 tons
Nett 46 tons
Engine 2 cyl steam compound

Built for the Carron Company, to transport coal and iron ore to their foundry near Falkirk, and to take product from it to the docks on the Clyde and Forth. Also used as a feeder vessel for the Carron Line's steamship services between Grangeounth and London.

She continued in service until being laid up at Burnhouse Basin in 1922, prior to being sold to James Stewart of Glasgow in 1923 who used her at the Royal Gourock Yacht Club (for what purpose isnt recorded). In 1925 she was sold to C.L.Stewart of Glasgow and ended up in the breakers yard in 1931