Built for their own use. On 11th December 1912 she reportedly ran aground at Turnberry in Ayrshire but was refloated and taken back to Kirkintilloch for repairs.
In 1914 she went on wartime charter to the Admiralty in the Cromarty Firth.
In 1930 she was bought by the Arran Shipping Co and in 1935 passed into the ownership of George Halliday of Rothesay on the Isle of Bute. She was scrapped in 1953.