puffers & vics

 

HOME    PUFFERS    VICS     BUILDERS     OWNERS     ENGINES    HISTORY    VIDEOS      CLYDEMARITIME     ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

 

L

 

Builder Scotts, Bowling
Official Nr 190602
Yard Nr  
Launched 1900
Delivered  
Length 66.1 ft
Beam 17.5 ft
Gross 77 tons
Deadweight 40 tons
Engine 2 cyl steam compound?

Built for the Leith, Hull and Hamburg Steam Packet Co., owned by James Curry of Leith who would have employed her like her sisters in carrying cargo along the Forth & Clyde Canal between Port Dundas in Glasgow and Leeith Docks on the Forth, feeding cargo to and from her owner's ocean-going vessels.

In 1923 she was bought by Richard Irvin & Sons of North Shields and her registration moved to Middlesbrough. Her 1940 MNL entry shows her by then owned by Gray's Wherries & Stevedoring Co Ltd of Newcastle. Nothing further is known