Built for John M Paton and Peter D Hendry of Glasgow. By 1915 John Paton is no longer a co-owner. In 1920, still registered at Glasgow, she is listed as owned by a Daniel Gower of Bute Dock, Cardiff. By 1930 she was back in Clyde-based ownership, with Alexender Stewart of Port Bannatyne on Bute, with whom she is also listed as registered to in her 1940 MNL entry..
There is a record that her MNL entry was closed in 1929, which is the year that an entry in the Canmore database records of her loss on 15th November 1929 some 6 miles off Machrihanish while on passage to Islay with a cargo of crushed limestone. It has to be presumed that she was salvaged (which many puffers suffering a similar fate were) and returned to service.