Built for Wm Jacks and Andrew Bonar Law of Glasgow, with
the former buying out the latter's share two years
later. After Jacks' death in 1908, she was sold to a
partnership of K. Law, R.Hetherington, and H A Wilson, also of
In 1917 she passed into the ownership of John Kelly Ltd,
managed by Samuel Kelly, who were contracted to provide
lighterage and victualling services to Royal Navy vessels in
Ireland. From then until 1919 Kaffir served in Lough Swilly
after which she was sold to Steel and Bennie Ltd of Glasgow
and returned to the Clyde.
She didnt stay there for long though as in 1920 she was
sold to W H Bowater of Birmingham, and then a year later to Wm
Cooper & Sons of Widnes.
She was sold for scrapping in