puffers & vics

HOME    PUFFERS    VICS     BUILDERS     OWNERS     ENGINES    HISTORY    VIDEOS      CLYDEMARITIME     ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

Jackite

 

Builder Port Dundas
Official Nr 148921
Yard Nr
Launched 1917
Delivered
Length 65.6 ft
Beam 16.3 ft
Gross 67 tons
Nett 46 tons
Engine Steam compound

Built in 1917, believed for Jack Brothers Ltd, Greenock.  Her first MNL entry is not until 1930 following her registration in Glasgow in 1927, by which time she was owned by G & G Transport of Glasgow. Her identity and whereabouts in this 10 year missing period is as yet unknown.

Her registration moved to Leith in 1939 when she came into the ownership of  John Best (Edinburgh) Ltd

No further information is to hand.