puffers & vics

HOME    PUFFERS    VICS     BUILDERS     OWNERS     ENGINES    HISTORY    VIDEOS      CLYDEMARITIME     ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS 

Innisdhu

 

Builder MacGregor, Kirkintilloch
Official Nr 133086
Yard Nr
Launched 25/9/1912
Delivered
Length 65.6 ft
Beam 18.4 ft
Gross 94 tons
Nett
Engine 2 Cyl Oil  80bhp

One of eight similar vessels built by MacGregor's in 1912/1913 for the grandly-named Coasting Motor Shipping Co Ltd of Glasgow. These were the first internal combustion engined lighters to be built on the canal but they wern't a success and by the late 20s all had been sold on

In 1919 she was sold on to John Summers & Sons of Chester. In 1922 she came back to the Clyde in the ownership of Mackie & Co. of Glasgow. A year later she was bought by National Benzole of London and renamed Ben Olliver. In 1935 by Lloyds Albert Yard & Motor Packet Services of Southampton. In 1937 she moved to the New Medway Steam Packet Company and sank on 20th September 1940