puffers & vics

 

HOME    PUFFERS    VICS     BUILDERS     OWNERS     ENGINES    HISTORY    VIDEOS      CLYDEMARITIME     ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

 

E

 

Builder  at Leith
Official Nr 65786
Yard Nr  
Launched 1873
Delivered  
Length 65.9 ft
Beam 17.7 ft
Gross 62 tons
Deadweight 42 tons
Engine 2 cyl steam compound?

Built for the Leith, Hull and Hamburg Steam Packet Co., owned by James Curry of Leith, she was employed like her sisters in carrying cargo along the Forth & Clyde Canal between Port Dundas in Glasgow and Leeith Docks on the Forth, feeding cargo to and from her owner's ocean-going vessels.

In 1914 her registery moved to Southampton in the name of R E V James Limited. In 1915 she was re-registered at Hull, to A Bainbridge Ltd of North Yorkshire Iron Works at Thornaby-on-Tees. Her last entry, still at Hull n the same ownership, is for 1930.