Built for William Robertson of Glasgow at a cost of £1,270 (£783 for the hull, £387 for the engine and £100 for fittings and sail.)
Used primarily in the coal trade,Robertson sold her on 30th March 1870 when he concentrated on larger vessels.
That 1870 sale was to a Peter Stuart and Peter Douglas of Liverpool. She was sold back to Hugh H Galloway of Glasgow in 1875 and then changed hands again in 1882.
On 11th September 1884 she was wrecked on the coast of Tiree at Hynish when carrying a cargo of coal from Irvine in Ayrshire to the island.