puffers & vics

HOME    PUFFERS    VICS     BUILDERS     OWNERS     ENGINES    HISTORY    VIDEOS      CLYDEMARITIME     ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS 

Ashdale Glen   

 

Builder Wm Burrell
Official Nr 99899
Yard Nr
Launched 1893
Delivered
Length 64.4  ft
Beam 17.1 ft
Gross 70 tons
Nett 28 tons
Engine 2 Cyl Steam Compound

Originally owned by a John Frew of Whiting Bay on Arran and named after a local beauty spot. She passed through a number of different owners including (reputedly) J. Stewart of Arran before being registered to Robert Muir of Ardentinny between 100 and 1920. Finally registered to James McNeil of Greenock in 1930 before being scrapped in 1933

The photograph below is from the Dan McDonald collection courtesy of the Ballast Trust and is reproduced under a Creative Commons license