puffers & vics

HOME    PUFFERS    VICS     BUILDERS     OWNERS     ENGINES    HISTORY    VIDEOS      CLYDEMARITIME     ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS 

Ardfern     

 

Builder McGregor, Kirkintilloch
Official Nr 129527
Yard Nr
Launched 1910
Delivered
Length 66.5 ft
Beam 18.3 ft
Gross 99 tons
Nett 40 tons
Engine 2 Cyl Steam Compound

Built for T Dougall and R Stirrat of Glasgow and registered to them until at least 1930. In 1940 she is registered to Irvine Shipping & Trading Co.Ltd. Post-war owned by Warnock Brothers of Paisley. When owned by Warnock she was engaged in sand dredging on the Clyde. Laterly owned by McNeil of Greenock and used in the sand and gravel trade, in which role she is seen below.

Scrapped at Dalmuir in 1966.

Photograph courtesy of the Roy Cressey Collection