Built for James Brown of Greenock. On 10th October 1863 she grounded at Larne while on passage from Glasgow to Belfast with a cargo of coal. She was refloated and towed to Belfast for repairs. In 1864 she was sold to the Alloa & Leith Steam Packet Co. of Alloa and then on to a Dave Sneddon, also of Alloa in 1886. Bought by Wiliam SIm of Glasgow in 1873 and re-registered in Liverpool in 1874 before being purchased by a W Pile of Liverpool. Later that same year she was acquired by G Gardner of Monkswearmouth in North East England. In 1878 she moved on to Joseph Hall and J Seagrave of Plymouth and in 1881 to William P Coleman of Whitstable in Kent for use as a salvage vessel.
In November 1881 she foundered in Baldayo Bay east of La Coruna, Spain, while engaged on salvage work on the SS Mennythorpe which had grounded on nearby rocks.