puffers & vics

HOME    PUFFERS    VICS     BUILDERS     OWNERS     ENGINES    HISTORY    VIDEOS      CLYDEMARITIME     ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

Albert (1)

 

Builder  Swan Kelvin Dock
Official Nr
Yard Nr
Launched 1885
Delivered
Length 65 ft
Beam

17 ft

Gross 52 tons
Nett 42 tons
Engine 1 cyl steam

Built by Swan at Kelvin Dock on the Forth and Clyde canal for James Hay of Glasgow. In 1967 she passed into the ownershi[ of a partnership of William Dick of Glasgow, and George Ritchie and John C Thomson of Tobrmory on the Isle of Mull.

In 1879 she moved south when purchased by William Garrett of Chepstow, and in 1881 by Arthur Gamman of Chatham. Around 1912 she passed to Lydia A Gamman and her last record is in the ownership of William Pearson of London, and registered in Hull in 1913